Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bureau Makeover






Well I may have gone a little crazy with the black paint lately and I have done it again! My lovely mother gave me this cute little bureau and after trying to decide what to do with it for months.........do I paint it or have the wood restored, my darling little Tommy decided to hang off the door and snapped it completely off! In order to repair it it needed glueing, so my decision was made for me, paint it to cover up the glue! I have added some nice little accessories on the top (probably the last of my David Austins for the season) and I just love the new look.

7 comments:

Kate said...

I have pretty much an identical piece! It's a hand me down from my Granny and is collecting dust at Mum and Dad's. How gorgeous in black! You've inspired me to drag it over and spice up my little 'nook' at home. Not sure how black will go though, the wood stain might just work at my place.

A Room For Everyone said...

Just gorgeous. The black is perfect. You have such stunning little boys by the way and your house...my goodness - my dream house, really!

Life in the Country Lane said...

Perfect... Id say thank you to your son for making the decision for you! Looks gorgeous...

Emma said...

I love it! Can't beat the black paint really. I am trying out my own project and painting a chest of drawers in a glossy navy blue and replacing the handles with gold lions heads... I hope it turns out more Ralph Lauren than tarot reader... will keep you posted!
Em

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

Em, PLEASE send me a pic when it is done!
x

Eira said...

Hi Teesh, just fond your blog ... Love it!! Can I ask what black paint you used and how you went about painting (eg did u have to sand back heavily?) ad I've been toying with the idea of painting an old piece I have myself. Love black! x

Robyn said...

I'm so glad Kristen featured you! THIS IS SUCH A LOVELY PLACE YOU HAVE ON THE WEB!!! I adore this little chest painted black! We got carried away with the black paint too...we painted our kitchen cabinets black! WE LOVE THEM! Glad to have found you...new follower!