Monday, September 3, 2012

Blissful Bright

Family shot. Note I kept the helmet off for this one!

I recently returned from an amazing holiday with family and friends to beautiful Bright in Victoria.

We spent two days trekking up the mountain to Falls Creek. There was a little car sickness and vomit (none in my car I am happy to report) but the drive and effort was worth it! The looks on my boys faces when they  saw snow for the first time was priceless.

Happy, happy boys!

Despite a small ski injury (snapping off one of my acrylic nails!) as we were thrown on to the chair lift and were all of a sudden 20 metres in the air (not all that good for someone who is scared of heights), we all fared well from the new activity. My boys were off and skiing instantly, much better than their mother!

Little Tommy heading down the slope

The dads of course all now think they are good enough for a spot in the Olympics after just two days!

I personally think the ski school instructors deserve a medal! There were kids whinging and crying everywhere.

Off to Ski School!


I was happy at the end of these days to come home to Bright Bliss - the most beautiful holiday house owned by the gorgeous Rae who is one of my online customers.

Bright Bliss

A champagne in the spa bath after a days skiing was just what I needed!

Other must dos while you are in the region are;

The Bright Brewery- Live music and wood oven Pizzas on Sundays right by the river
The Red Stag Restaurant -at Eurobin. As a party of 12 travelling with 6 kids we were well and truly ready for a glass of wine and the local Sav Blanc was brilliant. Also the most amazing Alpine views plus being able to look down the valley to Rae's beautiful home was a highlight for me! 
Mountain Fresh Trout Farm- whilst I wasn't feeling overly enthusiastic about this activity the kids loved it.
Feathertop Wines- one for the parents but whoever came up with the idea of a playground at the winery is a genius! Favourite wine from here was the Pinot Gris - superb!
Beechworth- positively beautiful! Yes I did pop in to a few homewares shops and make some purchases ( I couldn't help myself) Also the best bakery is Australia easily.
Ginger Baker- All day cafe and Tapas Bar at night set on the banks of the ovens river. Possibly the best carrot cake I've ever had, brilliant coffee also. We dined here on our last night and as a party of 12 Tim the owner gave us our own room. It was perfect! The goat is a must try dish and the wine list was excellent. We went back the next morning for breakfast and the corn fritters were superb! Tim also arranged for his very talented wife, who makes all of the cakes, delivery of a chocolate mud cake to our house for our birthday boy and girl, how is that for service?

Pretty happy with the catch

I had forgotten how beautiful country Victoria is. I drove around gasping at the homes, gardens and the trees!

I can happily say our family is now hooked on skiing! 

We will see you again next year Bright!


5 comments:

Designed by penny paid by Jason said...

What a great holiday.
living up here on the gold coast it is hard to imagine that it is so cold in other parts of australia right now.
we must get our kids to the snow before they get to much older
Pen x

Amanda said...

What a lovely family holiday. I was only thinking last night a snow trip would be fun one day when our girls are older :) I love that fishing photo - precious! x

l o v e l y t h i n g s said...

Looks like a perfect vacation! I just love that photo of your happy boy with his catch...darling!
annie

Mel@Georgica Pond said...

How divine are your little boys - so cute and handsome. Looks like a great family holiday and Bright Bliss looks wonderful, a bit like A-M could have decorated it!

B is building a house said...

Your little boy is such a cutie!!!!

Glad to hear you had an amazing holiday.

B